do u ever go to unfollow someone but then u see some rly good posts and u just kind of
you can stay
Episode 13: Unafraid of the Dark, Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey
That is fucking frightening.
This is fucking inspiring and beautiful. This is science. Never assume you know everything. Never assume you have all the answers. Life is vast, the universe is diverse, forever expanding, and mysterious. Life is amazing and literally everything in existence is a miracle. We are in the Universe, but we are also made OF the universe so we are in the universe while it is also a part of us. Stars had to die to create life, we literally are made from dead stars. This shit’s amazing. Does it have the potential to be terrifying? Sure. But I find religious ideology to be much more terrifying. Science is spiritual. Science gives me perspective. Science astounds me. Confounds me. And life itself is beautifully vast and reproducing itself everywhere, expanding for eternity. That’s spiritual right there. And it’s also science.
(Source: child-of-thecosmos, via nightmarekite)
I can’t stop laughing at Harry running the fuck away, the boy who lived ladies and gentlemen.
….You realize, of course, that Hermione Granger lit a teacher on fire when she was eleven, and kept a person alive in a jar for a year when she was fourteen, and studies dark and forbidden magics for kicks, and is one of the brightest and strongest witches of her era. If she came at me, even wandless, I would aparate to Neptune to get away from her.
Hermione Granger also:
- punched Draco Malfoy in the nose for being an idiot
- purposefully performed a confundus charm on whatshsface WHILE HE WAS FLYING just so Ron would win (omfg that is so fucking dangerous)
- literally pulled a fucking Bourne Identity on her parents and managed to set them up in fucking Australia (jesus christ she literally made it so that she NEVER EXISTED wtf that’s so fucking 007)
- Convinced the Ministry of Magic to give her an incredibly dangerous and volatile device that allowed her to ALTER TIMELINES COMPLETELY (just because she was so smart, literally, that is the reason, her “potential”)
- Has enough basic survival skills and badass magic to literally disappear to the middle of nowhere and flourish AND figure out Voldemort’s plot with Harry
- Hermione also figures out not only what Voldemort’s plan is, but generally how to beat it, WAY BEFORE VOLDEMORT EVER DOES. Why? because she is just that much smarter and better at magic than everybody else
in conclusion: Voldemort wishes he could be as awesome as Hermione, that’s why he wants to kill her so bad.
Can we rehave this series with hermione as the protagonist.
(Source: fallforwatsonmoved, via im-actually-a-superhero)